Friday, January 17, 2014

Lip Balm Love: Noya Kosher Natural Lip Balm

Wow. Just wow. I am very hard to please when it comes to lipbalm/chapstick/lipgloss etc. You can ask my coworkers because I readily dish out advice when they tell me they have chapped lips and are using something awful. Maybe obnoxiously so. "You use what?!" I guess I sort of have it out for a certain well known brand that has a lot claims but not a lot to back it up... but I digress.

Here is my love note:

I'll confess, I'm in love with a lip balm. I had a sample mishap with Ipsy and they promised to send me something I would "love". I have to say when I opened it up and saw this little lip balm I was a little disappointed. Lip balm? What is so great about lip balm? How is it different than any other lip balm? I get a lot of samples for lip products. Have you seen how many lip glosses, balms, pencils, stains, sticks, etc exist? But I was wrong... so wrong. Noya, you exceeded my expectations in so many ways! Go buy some. Seriously.

I received the Cherry flavor. Lets just talk first about the flavor. You know that fakey cherry flavor that is overhwhelmingly sweet and has a hint of plastic? That is not what you get here. You know a fresh juicy ripe cherry with some tangy tones as well. Like the actual fruit, for example. I wish I could articulate how great the flavoring is. Its the real deal people. They also have Spearmint, Vanilla, and Unscented/Flavored. Can't wait to try them all. I'm thinking unscented/flavored would be perfect for my manly man. (He would never be caught with the cherry although, honestly, who doesn't love cherry!)

The ingredient list is small, and things that I recognize! Coconut oil! I hear tons of buzz about coconut oil, so if you are into it, this product is for you! Organic extra virgin olive oil, stevia, beeswax, natural flavoring... I can pronounce all those words.

You know what else I love? Simple no gimmick packaging.

How does it wear? Soft. Not sticky at all. Not waxy at all (even with the beeswax as an ingredient). I put it on before a big sweat sesh at the gym. I did a hardcore 30 minute run, followed by 30 minutes of weight training. It was still on my lips after all of that without reapplying. You are going to want to reapply though because its darn good stuff!

Price point. Just about right. 3.99 through their website. Of course there is shipping charge which is kind of a bummer but to be expected. My recommendation, buy a couple of every flavor and then you will feel better about paying for shipping. Hopefully as this brand blossoms we can see it in more stores. There is a store locator option on the website but unfortunately none so far in my area.

Also, I've emailed Noya customer service and they are very quick to respond and quite friendly and personal. Love it. Love being treated like person. You an also feel good that for every balm purchased they give one the homeless. One of the questions I sent their way? Do you test on animals?! As you can see they gave me a resounding no, and some awesome images which I love and felt needed displayed on this blog.

No, I really haven't been paid to act like a fangirl over a lip balm. Yes, I really do adore it that much. Check out the Noya brand here.




1 comment:

  1. You certainly made me want to go buys some! Great review!

    ReplyDelete