Thursday, January 30, 2014

Benefit Porefessional versus Avon Magix (Beware the Pores!)

 

I was absolutely thrilled to receive a sample of Benefit the POREfessional as a sample in my Ipsy Glam Bag. I am always looking for something to help my pores. Even my husband hears my whining. We were in Ulta one day and he felt the need to point out the POREfessional. (Yeah, I drag my poor husband into my beauty world sometimes). Then I pointed out the price. End of discussion. This was my chance to see if it was the balm of my dreams! My very first thought as I used it was "I own this already!" I couldn't believe how close it was to my Avon MagiX Skin Perfector. I was shocked. I feel like Benefit products are touted by beauty bloggers everywhere. No way could my Avon product be the same! After I got over the shock, I realized it is pretty darn close. If you are already using porefessional and looking for a cheaper dupe, try the magix and save yourself 20 bucks!

Never tried either? First I have some questions for you! Do you have large pores? Do you feel you need some spackle to fill it all in? That is how I see both the porefessional and the magix. Face spackle. They are both a thicker filler/primer to smooth out your skin. They both leave you with a a soft velvet like matte finish. The texture is amazingly soft and silky for both products. They can both be worn alone or under foundation.

Benefit the POREfessional Pro Balm

$30 for a 0.75 tube. It comes out in a peachy skin tone but does not seem to have any effect on color and is described at a "translucent" finish. I use it on my chin, nose, and part of my cheeks and it blends out into the rest of my skin without color. It is oil free and contains Vitamin E. It is recommended to help minimize the appearance of pores and mattify shine.







 Avon MagiX Face Perfector


$10 for a 1.0 oz tube. (See cheaper AND more product). Avon also runs sales a lot and I have seen this marked down even lower.This is also oil-free and contains rose extract and fleece flower (for whatever that's worth). Avon recommends this to "blur" your fine lines and pores.
I first picked this up when I was looking into using primer with my face routine. It was the very first primer I used in my routine. I've tried quite a few things since, but still come back to this. I love the matte look as a lot of the primers to produce a glowing dewy look create too much shimmer or shine. I'd rather just use highlighter in the right areas.
My other pro for the Avon is that I have sensitive skin and I have yet to find a product that bothers my skin. My skin breakouts if you even look at it wrong. This product does not clog my pores or make me breakout. I've been using it for about a year now.

You can order directly from Avon.com or you can find an Avon rep in your area. P.S. I don't sell Avon. I just think this is a great product.

2 comments:

  1. I notice that the Avon also has an spf. Does the benefit? Any time you're getting the added bonus of sun protection, it seems like the better choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime you can add a little SPF to your routine its a good thing. Who needs dark spots and aged skin? No baked potato face here!

    ReplyDelete