Wednesday, January 22, 2014

John Frieda Colour Refreshing Gloss


Earlier in the fall I went from blonde to dark red brown. I was very disappointed that in a few weeks the color was nearly washed out. It probably wasn't even a "few" weeks, more like two. My hairstylist assured me that it was just due to the fact it was the first dark after blonde. I didn't want to go to the salon every 3 weeks just because my color faded. Shortly after I colored it dark a second time I was horrified to see how much hair color came out on a white towel after I washed my hair. I switched over to shampoo and conditioner for colored hair. I decided I needed to do more to combat the fade! Enter color depositing conditioners. I researched for weeks and ended up buying nothing. Then I was shopping at a drugstore and happened across this John Frieda. 12 bucks? What could it hurt? Most of the color depositing conditioners I looked at were for purchase online or at only beauty supply stores. You can find this John Frieda at Target or Walgreens for example. Very accessible. 

I picked the "cool reds" to keep the red undertone to my brown. You can purchase: Warm Red, Warm Blonde, Warm Brunette, or Cool Red, Cool Blonde, Cool Brunette. You can head over to John Frieda to find your color. The results are very subtle but enough to help your hair along. I might try cool brunette in the future. Even if you don't color your hair but just want a little pick me up you can use this. It is not permanent. 

I used it once when my sister was visiting. I swore it made my hair look more brown! So I asked her "does my hair look more brown?" and her response "if anything it looks more red". That was before I told her why I was asking. 

So how does it work? The bottle says it will last 6 weeks in between coloring. I'm at week 6 and still have some in my bottle. Each week you do a treatment in the shower. You apply a quarter size amount 3-5 times starting at the roots and working down. You only have to leave it in 3 minutes. Everyone has 3 minutes! 

Before
After

In the before picture you can see where my blonde highlights were fading out. You can see in the after how it deepened my color again. I am currently 6 weeks post coloring! The bright lights in my bathroom make my hair appear a lot lighter than it is, but you can see how it just perks up the color without being overwhelming.

Here is what it looks like in my hand:

As you can see it always turns my hands slightly pink after using 





 You can see a bit more of the reddish undertone my hair has in these pictures:


I've gotten quite a few comments on how "lucky" I am that when I color my hair it stays so shiny and deep in color. Well, now you know my secret! Red seems to wash out so quickly if you ask any girl who has gone red. Many choose not to stay red because of the dreaded fade. Fight the fade! 12 dollars for 6 weeks is 2 bucks a treatment. Beyond worth it! You won't regret purchasing this product.


No comments:

Post a Comment