Friday, January 17, 2014

bareMinerals Bring on The Night: Review


Can I say that I am in LOVE with this collection. I purchased this at Ulta. The bad news is that I can't seem to find it at Ulta, Sephora or QVC to send you in that direction. I'll review the products and colors for you as they may pop up individually or in new collections. I'm sure you could darken up the look, but to me it is a romantic look perfect for Valentines day coming up!

I've been a bareMinerals fan for a very long time, and this made me fall back in love with the brand.









This color collection includes 8 great pieces:
Mineral Veil Finishing Powder
Matte Eyecolor: Queen Phyllis
READY Eyehadow: Guest Star, Uncensored
Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara
Flawless application face brush
READY Luminizer: the Daydream
Blush: Beauty
Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss: Glamorista












READY luminizer
The daydream seems like a very soft pink color in the compact. On my skin it only give a hint of pink but gives your skin a shimmery pearlescense. It is described as a "pink sugar glow" I'm new to the bareMinerals luminizer and I have to use with a very light hand or I feel like a disco ball. It is NOT glittery but the shimmer is nonstop. I do like this product, but it is not every day wear for me. It might be the lightness of the pink that makes it seem so shimmery. You can check out a similar product here in a bit darker color: READY luminizer duo for 24 bucks. It is also a mirrored compact which is fantastic. Never know when you need a mirror! The more I wear this the better I get at applying without going overboard.



   Matte Eyecolor

Queen phyllis is described as "buttercup" in color. I think that description really fits. Even though this is listed as a matte eyecolor, it definitely has a sheen. It has a great creamy and soft texture. The pigmentation is great. I have other bareMineral loose eyeshadow powders that I really am not a fan of, but this color is amazing. I have such a hard time finding golden colors that don't look harsh. This could be a multitasker in your routine. It has enough sheen that it would be a great highlighter as well as a base for your eyeshadow. It is an every day color. It would be great alone as a no makeup look. I own the Vanilla Sugar color but it is a bit too orangey in comparison. I will definitely snap up this color if I find it as a single. I used it as base and under my brown bone.

READY Eyeshadow








This is my first from the brand's READY collection. 20 bucks will buy you a set of two colors. Check them out here. The set included in this collection is called The Late Show. It includes a bronzey color Guest Star, and a blue/purple hue called Uncensored. The bronze color is very highly pigmented and creamy. Bronze can be another one of those easily unflattering colors but this blends beautifully. The indigo color, as its described, is not as pigmented for some reason and has a glitter to it. It is not as soft and creamy as the bronze. The color is dark but not too dark for day wear. It would look great on a multitude of skin tones. I used bronze on the lid and blended the indigo into the crease.






Blush
I'm a big fan of the all over face colors from bareMinerals and I tend to choose those for my blush because they give you a flush of color without the heaviness of some blushes. Glee is a highly recommended color, but my fave is Rose Radiance for my fair skin.
I hardly every use blush that comes in a compact. I love the loose blushes from bareMinerals. Easy to apply. Almost foolproof. The blush that comes with this collection is Beauty. It runs 19 dollars by itself. Not bad seeing how these tend to last me a LONG time, and almost always use blush (or the all over face color). I really haven't found a blush I like better so it gets used almost daily and it STILL lasts me. Beauty, the color in this collection, is a really bright true pink. It is very youthful in nature. It is NOT a color I would recommend to everyone. It is PINK and very well pigmented. If you aren't into a heavy blush, try the all over face color! My camera does not do the pink justice when I swatched it on my arm, but you can see it in my whole face picture.


Mineral Veil
Another product I love from this brand. I was using another loose powder recently, and have missed my mineral veil! Is powder worth 20 bucks? I say yes. I have tried a variety of drugstore powders that are just a train wreck. This gives you a soft finish, without being too cakey. I also love the sifter that keeps you from spilling it! I can't tell you how many times I've dumped minerals down the sink.


Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Glamorista

This is my first bareMinerals lip gloss. As you can see from this swatch it is nonstop shine! It is a plumping formula and tingles when you wear it. It costs a whopping 18 dollars and you can view some more colors here. Glamorista is a soft pink color that works well with this collection. The pigmentation is middle of the road for lip gloss. I like it for this kit, but I'm not sure I would spend that much on a single. It is a decent size though. My other comment would be that the angled applicator throws me off because I'm not used to it and my preference would be the straight applicators as weird as that sounds.

Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara

I have VERY short lashes, as you can see. This does a great job volumizing but I need a bit more lengthening. Overall I like this mascara. I have no complaints. It does not clump and it gives great volume. It doesn't add as much length as I would like. For 18 dollars that this costs, I would say you can get the same effects from a drugstore mascara. Again, great in this kit, but probably not something to run and out buy as a single.


Flawless Application Brush
I have always loved bareMinerals brushes. This brush is more densely packed with bristles than some of my other brushes. I personally like fluffier brushes for easier application and blending. This brush works well for the lumizer and blush.




I really enjoy the bareMinerals color collections. Individually, bareMinerals can be costly and add up quickly. The color collections are a great way to build up your products for a lot less. I got mine at Ulta on sale for 36 (was 49). The products I got were definitely worth more than that. 8 full size products around 20 bucks a piece... this kit is probably 150 worth of product. It is also a great way to try a variety of their products so you can know what to splurge on individually.



2 comments:

  1. I am almost out of my favorite maybeline blush....maybe I need to be daring and try a loose powder blush! I also need to find a new mascara, I have always loved my almay bright eyes, but they recently switched brushes and it goes on really clumpy now....sad day.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My short stubby lashes seem make clumpy mascara even worse! My favorite drugstore brand is L'Oreal. It doesn't seem to be as clumpy as Maybelline. I have also been using Physician's Formula Organic Wear Fakeout.

    ReplyDelete