Thursday, March 27, 2014

5-ish Minute Face Routine...

Erin's Easy Peasy Face Routine

I don't mind going sans makeup, but sometimes a little bit of makeup just makes me feel more put together. When I get up at 5:30 am for work, you bet that I opt for a quick option!
 

I was asked what I do for a 5 minute face. When I am hurried, I love having a quick and easy routine with minimal supplies. Its great for travel so I don't have to pack my full arsenal. I was really shooting for 5 minutes, but it took me 7. I was also hoping for 5 easy steps, but I have 6. So here we go! I look like I'm much paler in my after photo, but it is just the lighting.

Before


After

The Supplies: 

  • BB Cream
  • Blush
  • Lip Butter (sub fave lip product)
  • Mascara
  • Eyelash Curler
  • Cream Eyeshadow Crayon
  • Liner Brush
  • Brow Powder

The Steps:

1. BB Cream. Why BB? It is a great multi-tasker. See my anatomy of a BB Cream here. It provides coverage without being too heavy. I was actually testing out the Benefit Bigger than BB foundation which was just a tiny sample on a card. I do have a post forthcoming reviewing about 10 different BB creams. The BB cream I'm wearing in these photos is $38 full size. That's more than you need to spend. My favorite drugstore BB is Pond's Luminous Finish for 10 bucks and you can find it just about anywhere including Walmart and Target.
2. Blush. I use a cream blush for a couple of reasons. If you are trying to cut down on supplies, you don't need a blush brush. Next, I find it really easy to blend in a cream in a hurry. Sometimes when putting on a powdered or compact blush in a hurry you might not blend as well and it could look streaky. I'm not saying you can't do that type of blush, I just find cream to be easy. I am in love with the Ulta Extreme Wear mousse blush in Peach Glow. This blush is 8 bucks but watch for Ulta sales! Super natural looking! I think it would compliment a variety of skin tones.
 


3. Eyebrows. I recently did this quick face routine using my eyebrow pencil. Later looking in a mirror I realized how dark and sharp it looked. With a full face of makeup it might not have been so bad. I've grown to love eyebrow powder. I use NYX eyebrow cake powder in blonde. The brush it comes with has much more tightly packed bristles. For a softer look I am using an angled shadow brush. (When I want a darker more defined brow, I use the one that came with) I simply use a bit of powder and gently brush over my brows in their natural shape using my eyeshadow brush. I know you might be tempted to skip this step but it really makes a difference in your face! I've learned that hard way that pencils can be pretty harsh, powder is not as intimidating! 5.99 for this powder and you can find it at Target, Ulta, or Amazon.

















4. Eyeshadow. Chubby eyeshadow pencils are such an easy way to apply shadow in a hurry. When I do a full face I am spending time with multiple eyeshadow brushes doing a lot of blending. Eyeshadow pencils do not require you to have extra brushes, they apply very smoothly, and require little to no blending. I love this Almay eyeshadow dual pencil. The colors are "for brown eyes" but I think they are good neutral. The green gives a hint of color, and the champagne is a great neutral for the brow bone and upper lid. I also like that it is a duo. The other great thing about cream shadows is that if you have sensitive eyes it is not going to flake into your eyes like a powdered eyeshadow. This will run you 7.99. I know that there are a LOT of drugstore options for a variety of eyeshadow sticks.
















5. Mascara. Curl those lashes! Then apply a coat of mascara. I applied two coats of Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara. I bought this mascara on sale for $10 but it is normally $19.
















6. Lips. I chose a lip butter because they feel very natural on. This is Revlon lip butter in Peach Parfait. Really just add your favorite lip product! I love lip butters because they add color and feel very soft. They don't feel thick like a lipstick on a light makeup day. They also aren't super sticky like a gloss. I don't mind a sticky gloss! 7.99 for the lip butter. You can check out my swatches of other lip butter colors here.

 

1 comment:

  1. Ok so I am not timing it but I'm testing this out right now. Thanks for the post! I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete