Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips

Go buy some. Right now. These products have changed my eye routine. GREAT for beginners.

Disclaimer: This is not about finding a dupe for Urban Decay. I do not own the Urban Decay Naked or Naked 2 palette, so I am not going to compare them. UD palettes run you $52. Let's be practical- that is a lot of money. I don't have that much to spend on makeup.  Nor for my everyday life do I have reason to. You can also buy knock-off UD palettes for still quite a bit more than these lovely Physician's Formula. These are not a dupe, so don't bother if your soul tells you that you must have the Urban Decay, go for it.


These are the two palettes I have.You can see how well loved they are. One is Nude Eyes (pink and lace), and the other is Smoky Hazel eyes. They have since added another to the collection called Casual Eyes. It has a denim colored box with a zipper, check it out here. I look forward to trying it. Also since I purchased the smoky eye they have replaced it with a new "universal" smoky eye look. It comes in a black case with rhinestone. 

Here is my beloved smoky hazel eye palette. You can tell how much I use it by the wear! They have different colors for different eyes. I usually go with Hazel or Brown when picking up colors for my eyes. I purchased this and fell in love with it. These came out before the nude palette. Unfortunately they have changed them slightly since I purchased this one. They are now called Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow. You can pick from blue, brown, green or hazel. You can take a peek at them here.










These are such versatile nude colors. I use this palette almost every day. The colors aren't highly pigmented. That is a downfall of this product. However, it works well in the sense that it is highly blendable. If you are just starting out playing with darker colors in your eyelid crease these are almost foolproof in a sense. Also, when I am in a hurry they are so quick and easy to use. After I discovered this palette, the next time they were on sale I grabbed another. I was so afraid they would stop making them! I hardly ever buy the same beauty products again because I'm constantly evolving and experimenting if that speaks to feelings for this product. Since this first nude palette came out there are now 4 options: Natural Nude (this original one), Warm Nude, Classic Nude, and Smoky Nude. You can check those others out here







This is the sponge brush that comes with the palettes. Personally I'm not into these foam brushes at all. In the past, however, I have found that in drugstore eyeshadow products these foam brushes seem to deliver more of the product and make them seem more pigmented than they are. 


This is the nude palette swatched out on my arm. I could not get the lighting right to pick up on the lighter colors. Very neutral shades. Very easy to work with. They do have a shimmer to them, so if you are only into matte, this is not the palette for you. (They are SHIMMER strips after all)









You can see here with the smokey eye swatches that they seem so much more wearable than just staring at the package colors. The smokey eye palette seems like it could go to the garish silver side of things. Not at all. 










Here are some final product pics using the nude shimmer strip palette. In a couple of different lighting situations (please forgive my unruly brows). This was more of an everyday wearable look, but could also be glammed up for evening. 






These sets are really so easy to work with. I highly recommend them! They are around 10 bucks a pop and can be found just about anywhere, from Walmart to Ulta. Drugstores such as RiteAid, CVS, and Walgreens are constantly running sales on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment