Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween and E.L.F. review

This year I decided I was going to do the classic cat ear girly halloween look. Why? Youtube! Why else?! I found a killer tutorial on sexy cat makeup. Check it out here. I fell in love with the leopard print near the eyes. I had been planning a trip to Ulta for some time to pick out liners I could use. Well I saved myself a boat load of money when I found these ELF liners at target. I've seen a lot of Pinterest hype on the ELF (Eyes. Lips. Face) brand. I didn't realize how crazy cheap it was. I was pretty skeptical due to the price point. How much did I put down for these? 2 dollars. That's right, one dollar each. I bet you are asking if they suck. Here is the good news: They rock. I can't wait to try more ELF products and I recommend you do too. 


 Before I did the leopard print look on my eye, I tried it out on my hand. I did little dots of the gold glitter and then went around them with the black liner on two sides. These little liners pack some punch and take some makeup remover to get it off. Once they are set they are good to go! If you like liquid liner check them out.

For this look I did a smokey eye with some pink/purple to it with my Stella pallette and the black is the ELF black liner and also some kohl black pencil. Of course I had to throw in some over the top fake lashes! I used a kohl pencil for the details on the nose, whiskers, and mouth. It was a little easier to get the curves of my nose with a pencil. I used a bit of my Stainiac to add some color to the nose. My lips and cheeks are vibrant pink from the Happy Booster line from Physicians formula. I recommend that line if you like a pink that pops as they are pretty saturated. 




Here are the nails I was sporting for Halloween. These are Sally Hansen Salon Effects nail polish strips. I bought these on clearance last year, and found that they seem to have dried over time. The first time I used them they lasted so well but this time I didn't get the longevity I was hoping for. I blame waiting a year to use them. The thing I love about these strips are the details you can get. I used an argyle print before which is something I would not do freehand. They are easy to use. They are about 8 dollars a box which will give you enough for one use. I recommend them for a special occasion. Don't bother with a plain glitter set, you can do that yourself. Get a cool design!
So easy to use: Start with clean dry nails. Use the provided file to rough up your nail a bit (for sticking purposes), select the strip that fits your nail, stretch it over your entire nail, file off excess. Ta Da!

No comments:

Post a Comment