Monday, July 14, 2014

Revealed 2 Palette: A Review



Revealed 2 * Coastal Scents



I've been coveting the Naked 3 palette for some time! I really love the look of the rosy pink and golden tones. I have a hard time shelling out so much money for one palette. While the Urban Decay palettes seem to hold the hearts of so many the fact is they are costly. I had purchased the original Revealed palette when I heard it was a good dupe for MANY of both Naked 1 and Naked 2 colors.You can my post on the Revealed palette here. When I saw this Revealed  2 palette I immediately thought it would be a great dupe for Naked 3! I pulled the trigger as soon as I heard this existed! 

The quality of coastal scents is amazing. Very highly pigmented at a fraction of the price. Revealed 2 is no exception. I did notice that the colors have a more purpley brown undertone than the more vibrant pink I was seeing in some of the Naked 3 palette tutorials. However, you can see in the swatches that there are some good pink colors. The two on the top right of my swatches are very rose gold in person. It may not be perfect dupe but it definitely is something to add to your arsenal. It retails for $20 and you get 20 colors! If you are interested in seeing swatches of how they stack up to UD you can check out this Harlot Beauty blog post.

It has a lot of shimmery shades but does include some matte shades. That super shimmery pink (Top row, 4th from left) has a ton of a fallout because it is very shimmery/glittery. The fallout is no more than any other glittery UD shade so I don't feel like it is a quality issue, just an issue with glitter in general. The shades on the skin are very different than how they look in the container so I'm definitely in the getting to know you phase of this palette. 

So where can you get your very own?! I am very excited to share that Amazon has both the original Revealed and Revealed 2 available and are both Prime eligible! Free Shipping!! I purchased mine through Birchbox, and you can also watch for sales through Coastal Scents



Here is a look using my Revealed 2 Palette:








Here are some more pics in a couple different lighting situations:









No comments:

Post a Comment