Thursday, February 27, 2014

Birchbox, February 2014: A Review

I love a fresh month of samples! This month Birchbox seemed a bit of a let down to me though. Part of it is me, I live for makeup. Hair and body is secondary to me. I also know that skincare and haircare is a part of Birchbox. It is also good for me to try these types of products as well. I also got my first repeat which just made me feel blech about the whole box. Silly, I know. Again, no unboxing vlog but hopefully back in March! 

This month in my Birchbox: 
  • Previse Hydromilk 
  • Bain de Terre Color Preserving Shampoo and Conditioner
  • Joan Vass L'Eau de Amethyste
  • Ruby Wing Color Changing Polish in Ride 'Em Cowgirl
So let's look at the breakdown.

Previse Hydromilk:


Previse breaks down skin types into 6 different types, as you can see this lotion is for any of them. To me, it was an average lotion. At $48 for 2 oz I will pass! It wasn't bad, it just wasn't halfway to a hundred for me! 

Bain de Terre Color Preserving Shampoo and Conditioner:


















Have I told you lately that I love Argon oil? I do. This is my second hair product with argon oil, and it will certainly not be my last! It makes your hair so super soft. I love the scent- passion flower. It smelled floral, but a tropical floral, not an old lady floral. It will run you 12 bucks a bottle which is a little more than a bottle of say, tresemme, but this stuff works really well. I have also found that higher quality shampoo and conditioner do make a difference in my hair. (Trust me, I wish I didn't know this to be true).

Joan Vass L'eau de Amethyste:
















I love trying perfumes. Love it. I know people get tired of it, but not this girl! The perfume possibilities are endless. This perfume reminds me of a grapefruit! That is not surprising as the top notes are grapefruit and bergamot. It also has notes of red currant, ylang ylang, rose oil, patchouli, vanilla, and veviter (dry woody scent). So a well rounded grapefruit. It is CRAZY strong. If you like a strong scent, this will do the trick. Not necessarily overpowering, just strong and long lasting. I like that it is a clean crisp scent. Its just a tad citrusy for me, but I would recommend it if you like fresh citrusy scents. Its 75 for 1.7 ounce which doesn't really surprise me for a quality perfume.

Ruby Wing Color Changing Polish


This is my second Ruby Wing polish. My first was a plain rather than glitter polish. You can check out that review here. I found a bunch of Ruby Wing polishes on Amazon for 8 bucks here. Other stores sell them for up to 11. It was not a very bright day outside, so this was after a couple of minutes and NOT fully changed. These polishes are quite fun. I just wish the outside color wasn't such a rusty red. 

If you are interested in having your mailbox become exciting once again, consider joining Birchbox. It is a $10 recurring monthly fee to have deluxe samples in lovely packaging delivered to your door! It's a like a mini-christmas every month! Plus you can review products and earn points to buy items in the Birchbox store. Check it out here: Birchbox

No comments:

Post a Comment