Friday, May 16, 2014

Foundation Favorite: Maybelline Dream SMOOTH Mousse

Do NOT confuse this with the Dream Matte Mousse. Not the same. Not nearly as amazing. Think SMOOTH like butter...


I hate foundation. Have you ever noticed I hate a lot of makeup? The reason is there are too many choices, too many colors, too many finishes... it can be very frustrating. I had given up on any kind of liquid foundation, imagining my tween/teen years with poorly matched cheapy foundations. I had give up on drugstore foundation and became a mineral foundation girl. Then I became a couponer it made it easier for me to try many different types of makeup at low out of pocket cost. I also started becoming a pinterest junkie. Finding leads on great foundations was easier.

Then I found it. THE one. I can not tell you how amazed I am by this makeup. 

If this tells you anything, the one on the right was the wrong shade but I kept mixing it with a lighter foundation because I loved the coverage and texture!




Creamy Natural on the left, Nude Beige on the right

You can see that it really is a full coverage but it feels so weightless.

Let me tell you what I'm up against
-Large pores
-combination oily and dry skin
-pale but not ivory skin
-rosacea

I'm lucky because it was a couponing item I picked up on a whim during a Maybelline sale. I had tried the Maybelline regular Mousse foundation and I was neither here nor there on the product, so I decided to try something new. There were two ivory colors (110 porcelain ivory and 150 classic ivory) followed by 180 Nude Beige. I assumed I would be the next step up from ivory. (I don't want to be eagle face: white face, darker body) Unfortunately it was too warm for my complexion. I got it in the summer and it wasn't as bad, but in the winter it just wasn't working... I lightened it up by mixing it with another lighter foundation. (Frugal me couldn't throw it out!) So I just went to purchase another during a 40% off sale at Ulta. I went a step up with Creamy Natural 200 which is a different tone than the Nude Beige. For color concerns I would shop at Ulta or someone specializing in makeup with a good return policy on open makeup items.



This product provides amazing coverage. It is smooth and hydrating. It is super soft and creamy and doesn't feel thick. It doesn't cake up in my large pores and dry patches. It covers the red areas of my skin.

Before

After

After




No comments:

Post a Comment